Hello From New Zealand

Well hello to all from New Zealand. It has been an interesting week here in New Zealand trying to adapt to my new companion and just trying to help our investigators progress. My companion is ok we don’t get along great, but this is not a time to be selfish it is a time to serve the Lord. We disagree on many things, but I pray often that I will grow to love him and that together we can have miracles. Fortunately there is no real contention, because I just try to be patient and keep quiet, but I know the Lord has his hand in all things so there must be something I need to learn from him. One thing that has improved is the lesson plans that we prepare for each investigator. This week we also set a man by the name of Mark to be baptized on the 22 so keep him in your prayers. He has been taught everything long before I got here. So we were just following up to see if he was ready to make some commitments. My companion shared a spiritual thought with him, and then I bore my testimony to him. As I was doing so about half way through I asked him if he would be an example to his family and be baptized. I myself was surprised of the words that were leaving my mouth, but he said yes how about this weekend. Now that is definitely not the answer I was expecting, but we set it for the 22 because there are a few more things that we have to teach him and he needs to come to church a few more times. The Lord works in miraculous ways and I’m so thankful to be a small part of the Lord’s work. Also we did some service this week, and Uncle Les you will be proud to know that my lawn mowing and tree pruning skills are still up to your standard. One of our investigators needed some help so it was nice to do some good old manual Labour!!! She also told us that she doesn’t want to miss us any more, meaning that she wants to have a lesson every night, which is really good we hope to set her for baptism soon!!! So I keep getting questions on my lab results and I though I answered that a few weeks back, but they were all negative. The pains are almost all gone and I am off just about all the ib-prophen. So that is all good and no I have no more appointments with the cardio there was nothing there, so all is well. My I got the face medicine this week so thanks for that and the crystal lite. I was going through the pictures Estee sent me of the Yankee game, and notice that Kyle is taking good care of my shoes. HAHA I guess its pay back time since I wore all your stuff, but now it’s too small for me because you may be the older brother, but I’m the big brother ha-ha. Estee your house sounds awesome I am so excited for you!!! How did that date go that you had? Mom I don’t know what to do about the debit situation that is crazy they are taking 10% of every transaction. I will have to see is I can cash American Checks here or not. You also had some questions about my food. Funny you ask because last night we went to a Maori Families home and it was the first time we sat and ate with the whole family and didn’t feel like we had to eat the whole table. We eat normal stuff just like America, it just tastes different. Like the beef isn’t as good, but other than that we eat just like America. Oh wait we eat horse here and that’s good and instead of potatoes it’s usually taro which is really good. For breakfast it’s usually cereal or milo and toast. The Dodger game sounded fun, but I’m disappointed in only 2 Dodger dogs, in the all you can eat section, compared to mine and Jared and Andrew’s 12 hot dogs, 3 nachos and countless sodas and peanuts ha-ha. Elise (Dondero) I have been getting your emails as far as I know probably 3 of them now? I can’t write emails directly to you, but I try and answer your questions. Sorry to everyone for all the unanswered questions I try and keep a list next to me, but I’m sure things go missing. Aunt Cassie those missionary stories were great and thanks for the constant love!!! Aunt Marian it was good to hear from you this week thank you also for your prayers and Love that you and Emma have for me!!!
That leaves me to respond to the last email I got this week. The man where I get all my emotions from ha-ha, just kidding, but they tears must be gene related. Well this week is your birthday only 42 right ha-ha. Man the things that you have taught me in my life I use everyday. The way you raised us kids is the way that was right for us. Although we have had plenty of disagreements you will always be my father, the man who taught me how to cook Dutch oven, the man who showed me its better to work hard and get things done than complain and wine about them. The man that showed me how important it is to respect his mother. The man that was at every sporting event yelling louder than the entire crowed. The man that got kicked out of a wrestling match when it should have been me. The man that taught us the value of a dollar. The man that pushed me to do my best in all things, then do a little better. Geese I could go on for a longtime, but I just want you to know how much I love and miss you. It’s hard not having parents here, but this is what you and mom have been raising me 19 years to do, to serve the Lord with all my heart, might, mind and strength. Boy just writing this my face is wet with tears!!! I love you DAD keep up the good work and know that I’m trying my best to make the family proud. Mom I still don’t know who this email goes to so please write me and tell me who it does please, and also I need every ones birthdays I don’t want to forget so please just email me them or ask everyone to email me with their birthdays . Also the package home is on delay I’m still waiting on my picture Cds. Thanks everyone for all your prayers and love. Talk to you all next week. Love, Elder Stucki

No comments: