I am still in Otara, which is good!

Well another week has come and gone here we are in the start of August. Time is starting to go by a little faster, but that’s good I need all the experience I can get and that all comes with time. As you know this week was transfers, but I did not go anywhere. I guess the Lord still has plenty of work for me here in Otara, which is good. As for my companion Elder Byrnes he left 10 hours down south to Gisbone. My new companion, the district leader of our district, is from Palou which is in Micronesia, near the Philippines. I have never heard of it, he told me it is an American Territory, and he had to flight from Palou to Guam to Korea (go Kyle and Aunt Cassie) then to New Zealand, which took 18 hours. I though my 13 hours was rough, guess not. HAHA He has been out for 19 months and this is his second time being a district leader. He has lots of faith and likes to work. We get along for the most part, but the language barrier is a
little hard. He speaks English, but you never realize how much tone means when we speak in English. It really is how you say it not what you say. So it has been interesting learning how he does things I am just trying to lay low as much as possible, but as we all know I am not too good at that. His name is Elder Yakuchil. Don’t worry if you can’t pronounce it I can’t either, but he understands.
Estee the package was awesome our family is a bunch of dorks haha the pictures turned out so good!!! It was very needed to have some pictures of home. The Garden looks INSANE, and I only saw the corner of our house but it looks good painted. Estee you know I would be there to help you move in if I could but I’m just a little to far away. Mom no package from you yet with the medicine I should get it this week. Aubrie and Brian I haven’t got pictures from you guys yet have you already forgot about your favourite cousin Matt (Elder Stucki man Matt sounds weird now) I sure hope not haha. Aunt Teresa and Grandma and Grandpa Thanks for the Emails I am glad to hear all is well and you are eating my onions. HAHA Alyssa be careful with that boy your virtue is something that is very important to the Lord and all those that truly care about you. Dad the camp out sounded so much fun its good to hear your boys were up to building their own shelter. Mom the bread here is average nothing like the bread you make hahah. Brynn and Jenny thanks for the email keep them coming or even better write me a letter please haha. Oh and the chest pains are almost gone which is good so it should be a week of miracles as long as we work hard!!!
Our ward mission leader is off to Samoa for the week so we ate dinner at his house last night and had a really good talk about his mission here in Auckland back in 1992-1994. He is going back to Samoa for his taxi business to register all his new cars, and then he will be back probably by the end of the week. He is such a strong man. I shared a scripture with the family last night in Alma where it talks about Moroni and the kind of man he is and how if we were like him the very powers of hell would be shaken forever. Brother Lavea, our ward mission leader, reminds me a lot of Moroni. So loving and patient. I was able to bear my testimony to their wonderful family and the spirit was very strong. I then pleaded with the children to follow the counsel of their parents, like I wish I had done more and also the counsel of the leaders of the church. It would have kept me from so much heart ache. So to my parents and leaders who read this I am
sorry for being what they call here in New Zealand an “egg” meaning idiot I guess. I should have known the love of my family and friends as well as my leaders and followed their counsel, thank goodness the atonement is real and we can be forgiven of the mistakes that we make. May we all plead with our Father in Heaven for forgiveness of our mistakes and our weaknesses so that he can make us stronger. I want all my family and friends to know how much I love each and everyone of you; you are in my prayers often. I have been blessed with so many things in my life and sometimes was not as grateful as I needed to be, but I know God lives and loves us, I know he sent his son Jesus Christ to sacrifice himself for the sins of the world, I know that Joseph Smith was and is a prophet of God, I know this because I know the Book of Mormon is true, and if it weren’t true than we would just be some other religion. I would be willing to wager that being a “Mormon” isn’t being a part of a religion, it is a life style that we must all choose to live if we want the blessing from God that he is so ready to give to us. May we all continue or begin to understand the Gospel a little bit more is my humble prayer. I love you ALL!!!
Love,
Elder Stucki

Mom please send out my blog address to all that receive this email and add this email to the list lucky.1013@yahoo.com its jenny a girl from efy 3 years ago and keep sending it to all my friends I love you heaps mom and all you do for me the lord will bless you big for raising us kids the way you have same with you dad you always taught us right I send all my love!!!!

No comments: