I Have Truly Become Better

Well wasn’t conference just the best thing ever hahaha. We watched it Saturday and Sunday at the stake center it amazed me how many people skipped it you may think that they would watch it on the internet, but no one, well very few even have a computer let alone the internet in their home. It was sad that so many people missed out on personal revelation and to hear a modern day prophet. I think every ones favorite was elder Holland’s talk on the Book of Mormon. Testimonies are truly a powerful thing!!! As promised in my patrichal blessing I would be given the gift of testimony, it has been proven true time and time again. Out of no where I will be baring heart felt testimony to these people that I have come to love so much. The spirit is working on their hearts and he always is doing his job. It is our job as missionaries to be worthy to have him as a constant companion.
This week was another wonderful week Scott set a date for the 7th of November, but we will have him ready in just over a week so he can make the choice when he wants to be baptized. He downloaded all the conference talk as well as the Book of Mormon, gospel principles, and all the hymns to his ipod touch. Now at work he reads and listens to them all day. What an example he is to all of us. The pure desire to obtain more knowledge I loved in conference at the priesthood session when they said that obtaining education wasn’t a suggestion, but a commandment. I have to admit it was sad at priesthood session when he talked about how many sons and fathers were attending together, but Elder Bernard and I (he is in my district from Utah) just put our arm around each other and just understood that neither of us are alone, we have the spirit, the Lord and the prayers of people all around the world. Dad I’m sorry for taking for granted how much fun it was to go to the priesthood session with you and that talk on communication was given just from me!!!
I got another letter from Jared he is doing great!!! Loving the people and working so hard. I also got letters from Lane Chris Creighton, and an elder I met in the Mtc he is serving in California and supposedly the anit-mormon material is hitting his are hard!!! This weekend has made my testimony grow 10 fold and hope I can apply all we learned.
In other news Brian I have heaps of new friends, but not as cool as you!!! Yes I do love it here, the temple trip was great, my favorite new food would have to be chop seuy and horse, and I am so proud of you little man for saying the pledge of allegiance. Brian you were the boy that they talked about in the priesthood session. They talked about how the rising generation will be the best missionaries yet. I will teach you all I know when I get home so you don’t make the same mistakes as you silly cousin Elder Stucki (matt- who ever name that is?) I love you little guy be nice to your sister and whenever you see any of our family give them hugs and kisses from me!!!
Mom I have good news the USB drive with all the photos will be going to Provo on Monday with one of my investigators. Her name is Tee and she has Kyle’s cell number so she can meet up with him. We just started teaching her after her sister was baptized so she is coming along great!!! She grew up in America with her Aunt and Uncle who are members of the church, but she was never baptized. Things are still going really well with Richard and Somtho, but we couldn’t go to do service because of conference and the rain. So hopefully this week we will get some time. They cut our K’s (kilometers) down from 1700 to 1300 so we are going to be making a lot of adjustments like packing our lunch so we don’t have to come back to the flat and taking our bikes with us so we can park and ride. It is a bummer, but exercise is always good. Oh mom you said Brandon Parker was married you must have meant Cameron because Brandon is on his mission haha. Crystal’s baptism is still on as well as Aisha’s and Nga’s the following week!!! The work is like every missionaries dream!!!
That was sad to hear Palo lost to Legacy where did they come from they were never good in years past!!! Alyssa you are going to home coming???? Didn’t you hear the talk that changes dating from 16 to 21 if not you can just take my word for it!!!! If you do go please be safe and remember you are a daughter of god and that is way way way better than someone’s girlfriend or trying to impress people!!! I love you even if we did fight a lot!!! I was an egg head as they would call it here, but follow Estee and Kyle’s example not mine haha. Or we can make a deal every date I go on while I am on my mission than you can go on one. Well looks like you will be having none for 19 months haha. Estee your house sounds way cool. What ward are you in? Where do you meet? Any return missionaries for you? Only the best for my sisters!!! How is work going? Kyle thanks for you wonderful example to me I though about you when the Korean man spoke in the Priesthood session!! We also found a Korean BBQ place here, but it is not in the budget of a missionary you know how that goes. How are your classes is there snow yet?
Well everyone thanks again for all your love support and emails. As I sat in conference I pondered how lucky I am to have such wonderful friends and family. I remembered all my wrestling tournaments where I knew I would always have a cheering section that was heard probably miles away. I remember Estee hugging me after my match with Alex Prophet, and Kyle coaching me through the holiday classic, I remember dad keeping the ref in line and mom always squirming in her seat. I remember the many rides home, to school, and seminary with Alyssa and I just want each of you to know that I love you so much I am the young man that I am today because of the way I was raised and the constant support of my family. Then we go to my extended family and there is just too much to name!!! I pray for your safety and return and continued activity in the church. It is the most important thing you can ever do!!! This is the Church of Jesus Christ I pray that we will all be able to return to heaven together with our father in heaven. Thanks again for everything my love and spirit is always with you!!! I pray for your forgiveness for all of my wrong doings and short comings and promise to be a better son brother nephew and grandson when I return!!! May the lord bless us all I pray!!!

No comments: