LOVE YOUS TOO :/

Date: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 1:48 PM

This is the first week of my mission to receive no email from MOM DAD OR ESTEE what is going on haha. Well I am trying to justify in my head not writing too this week, but I have a conscience so I guess I must write something! We were so blessed to have a full proselyting week with no extra meetings or any big surprises it was great to see miracles day by day as we exercise our faith and follow the promptings that we receive. We found one particular lady early on in the week that invited us back for Saturday morning. She is a Samoan lady with good enough English for us to teach her. We sang an opening hymn with her and all of a sudden her two daughters also joined us and we started asking them questions to see where they are at and what we could share with them that would best answer any questions that they had or help them in whatever situation they may be in! After 3 or so minutes a man came in and started asking us questions. Who are you, what do you want, and why are you in my home? He shouted at us attacking us from every angle, but believe it or not we stayed calm. I wanted to stand up, double leg him to the ground, throw in the legs and make him cry, but that is not the Lord's. He attacked us on our beliefs about a Prophet, the Book of Mormon, Adam and Eve and many other topics that frankly he knew nothing about. He contradicted himself many times and made himself look stupid in front of his family. To shut him up my companion bore a powerful witness to combat his cowardly remarks. Multiple times I asked him to stop yelling and we were willing to answer any question that he wanted us to answer, but he must give us time to speak! He was not up for that! He finally left the room and the rest of the family was beyond embarrassed. We eased their worries and began to teach the Plan of Salvation. We taught them things they never considered or had ever been taught. They felt the spirit and we helped them to recognize that. One of them asked why they felt so differently after the Dad had left. We shared that the spirit can not dwell in contention and will never help you to win an argument, but it will teach you all things so long as you are open to learning. the man told us never to come into the house again, but the mother wants to continue to be taught as well as her 20+ year old daughters. The daughters were in shock because ever since the Tuesday that we first met the mom she had been talking to the girls that she just felt something stirring in side of her! The girls told us that mom NEVER lets missionaries in. I am grateful that we qualified for the companionship of the Holy Ghost as we talked to her that day on her porch. I am grateful to the promptings that led us to her house. I am anxious to see how it will all play out. Fortunately we will be meeting them at the church on Tuesday. I ask for all of your prayers that the father that he will at least allow the family to do what they feel is right!

On other new the kids are still all ready to be baptized this weekend. Crystal, Matt, and Theodore that is. Mom I hear Crystal added you on facebook haha. Also John Taylor's mom lost her record so she too will be baptized with him on the 26th of February. Things are going well with all of them, but it is not time to start preparing for March! Interesting news in the stake we had a new Presidency called. It was a wonderful meeting. The old first counselor is the president and Brother Lavea from my first ward (gave me a fathers blessing ages ago) is the 1st counselor and I don't know the 2nd. Brother Lavea will be so good for the stake we are really looking forward to the progress that will be made with each of them!!
Well that is about all from me this week things are going very well and we are excited to keep going I know that the Lord will bless us as we do it His way, in His time, and by His power. I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!

Elder Matthew Lee Stucki N.Z.A.M.
P.S. Pictures are of baby Stucki!!

No comments: