No rest for the Richteous!

Date: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 2:29 PM

Another week down, and sure enough it has been a busy one. We have had no full days to proselyte because we have had meetings everyday, but we have been richly blessed the zone (9 comps) had 43 people at church yesterday which means they would all qualify to be baptized this month we only have 21 of them set, but we are working hard to help every companionship save souls weekly this month. The fire is burning strong and the desire to serve throughout the zone is incredible! We are very happy and feel so blessed for what the Lord is handing to us. We recognize completely where the miracles come from and it is definitely not our own strength!

Crystal, Matt, and Theodore are still doing so incredibley well! We have taught them everyday and they ALWAYS keep their commitments! I am staked for their baptism on the 19th. We also were able to meet John Taylor who Elder Mutton set over the phone last Sunday. He is just as good as the other kids. He is 14 and his mom is a member and they are all coming to church now it is so good to see how they have re found their testimonies!

I don't know if you remember, but we baptized a young lad names Anna Kaufusi on Christmas. She was pregnant then and just over a week ago she had her baby. Yesterday I stood in the circle for the blessing of the child and you will never guess the name!!! Monson Dallas Alexander STUCKI Kaufusi. Is that not the coolest thing ever. I have had a child named after me. His a cute little Tongan boy I will send a picture later on today! That doesn't happen all to often, but I was so honored. It is wonderful to stare into the eyes of a new born. They are so pure and innocent. No wonder why we are told to become like little children!!

Sorry for the shortness, but not much to report other than I had a 1 hour interview with President talking to me about my plans after the mission. He called Thursday night, and had some very very nice things to say, and then asked if I wanted to have a special interview on Sunday. I sent him my Patriarchal Blessing and we talked about it, and some things that he would love to see happen. It is all so excited, but very scary. I know missionary work is my love and passion, but the outside world is not a mystery. The unknown is always a scary thing, but I have complete trust that Heavenly Father will help me to know all things that I need to and when I need to!!

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!!!

--
Elder Matthew Lee Stucki N.Z.A.M.

No comments: