Work, work, work 2/14/10

Well what a week from heaven that turned into Telestial if you don't understand that, find a missionary in your area and have him teach you the Plan of Salvation also known as the Plan of Happiness. Last night I got a call saying we now have to move in with the elders that moved out from us because the sister's flat is going to take a week to paint and they have to be out!!! It was definitely the straw to break my back, all the things of a new area, companion, double shifting in, becoming DL, seem to just fall on top of me and for the first time in my mission I went to bed completely frustrated!!! Uncle Les it is kinda like the base when they bury the pipes 5 feet in the ground, and they just don't get it. Kinda like our Zone Leaders here there are so many other options, but since it wasn't their idea it is the wrong one. Any ways we have been running around crazy all morning to sus things out and still have heaps to do, but this is just the way Heavenly Father works to refine, and shape us. Fortunately I'm over it and just focusing on other things. Just one experience I want to share happened on Sunday morning we walked with an investigator to church, and just before we got there we walked through and alley way and a man with his dog passed (non-member), and said keep up the good work boys you are doing great. I know what you are thinking, so what, but it was special for this reason. Saturday night before bed I was reflecting on my past years, months, weeks, days, and felt that I needed to have a heart to heart with the Lord, and repent of some things minor of coarse, but I felt the need. That next morning I prayed that as I partook of the Sacrament that I would feel that peace or at any other time. As the man said that to us tears filled my eyes, and I knew that the atonement (Christ's suffering) had taken effect yet again!!! I am in awe everyday of it's power and mercy. We all make mistakes, we are human, but that doesn't give us the right to make mistakes. We recognize that we will slip, but we must do all we can to prepare and prevent rather than repair and repent. It was a great experience for me. As missionaries we are called to cry repentance to the sinner, and to lift and support. How many of you are carrying around extra weight of sin? Why? For me I was stubborn or prideful, but as we humble our selves and call upon Christ to remove the Burden from us I know he will. He invites all to repent and come unto him. Have you? If not don't delay we never know when the clock will strike and Heavenly father needs us more that the world needs us.

Any ways that is enough of that. Pam your email was great and I would have loved to have been there to remind the ref that they make mistakes!!! No one messes with my "adopted" sister Stacie. In New Zealand we call those kinds of people EGGS in other words an idiot haha. That is way cool Andrew got a truck now he can start saving for his mission!!! That is also way good that you are back to Palo and Cindy will be close by!!! Stephanie wow you wrote is everything OK hahah? It was great to get your up date, but you need to put your kids on pause they are going to be 30 by the time I get home haha. I'm glad you are doing well and got my card!!! Grandma Tryon I got your card this week I am glad the two of you are healthy and can attend the temple. It is something I way miss. Mom the hair cuts can be a buzz just not too short so like a 3 and we don't need a part. President isn't to big on the minor details of dress as long as we look neat and smell decent he is fine. Dad the Temple in 1.5 hours away no bus we just carpooled with members. and the church payed for Petrol (gas). We are teaching more than I was in D'Ville, just around 25 lessons or so, but I still miss it up there I loved the country life. Estee there is no MTC in Aus, but there is one in New Zealand that feeds the island and Australia missions if you are in the Pacific area. It is in Hamilton a rocks throw from the temple for now. When Church college get demolished so will the MTC. They closed it because of cost to maintain (church College) it definitely served its purposed and heaps of members went there. Now they are opening one up in Africa I believe, to boost the education there. The new MTC will be in Manakau Which is in Auckland and should be done in a few months. It will be interesting to see if they open it to all missionaries that are coming to the best mission in the world, which is N.Z.A.M. if any one was unclear haha.

Well not much else, but to tell you about the next few weeks. This week starts the mission tour where we will be trained by elder Nelson of the 70. That will be great we have 2 baptisms on Saturday, Thomas and Margaret 8 and 10 years old. Then the next week will be a wedding then baptism. For James and his less active wife Violet. We taught Law of Chastity yesterday, and asked at the end what his thoughts were, and he said well I guess I have to get married since I am going to be baptized!!! What a great answer it was!!! They are now planning for that so we are stoked. It will be my first marriage to baptism so far on my mission so it will be fun. Their kids are also learning about the church so we are hoping to have three that Saturday which will be awesome to have another family in the Gospel. Other than that we are still searching for God's children. The work is great Satan is in full force, but with the help of our Heavenly father he is just a wimpy Wiesel. Well time is up and we have lots to do I love you all and appreciative of your support, faith, and prayers have a beautiful week!!!
Love Elder Matthew L. Stucki N.Z.A.M.

No comments: