What a week--1/31/10

Well January has come and gone what a crazy thing that is 8 months of service to the Lord with many many many years to come!!! This past week has been one of firsts for me!!! I will share the good stuff first. As Elder Christopherson (of the 12 Apostles) Man this must be a amazing mission it takes 7 general authorities to match up. Yes we were at the feet of 7 General authorities in our Mission Conference this past week. They included Elder Cook and Elder Christopherson of the 12 then The Presiding bishop of the Church Bishop Burton, the President of the 70 Elder Jensen, and the Pacific Area Presidency, Callister, Hamula, and Nielson. We got to shake each of their hands, and all but one made mention of President Stucki the former Las Vegas Temple President, or as we know him Grandpa's Cousin. They said I have a Legacy to live up to, and a name that has done much for the church. That was very humbling. Speaking of humbling experiences the day before the conference was probably the worst day I have had in a long long while with regards to teaching, as we got home that night we were in the pits, but I later realized that it was humbling us so that we could recieve greater instruction the following day at the conference. It was a lesson of great importance. I forwarded an email from president stating that we beat the mission record of monthly baptism with 119 I feel like a New York Yankee. Sorry brother Madsen, but there is also great power in converting to the Lord's one true baseball team the Yankees hahah. It is great to serve the Master in an area where hard work pays off in so many ways!!!

Just this morning I baptized an 8 year old girl whose father was baptised my an American Missionary, and felt like he needed tradition in the family so he asked me, The American missionary to do it. What a great experience to start the day!!! I feel truly blessed to be one of so few that have the power and Authority give us from God to do his work!!! As for the coming week Brenda will be baptised on Saturday. After a very hard week for here we decided to move it back a bit. Her house was robbed, and some other things that were satan's way of trying to get her, but she is alot like you mom, determined strong and loving. She knows the church is true and right and told satan right where to go!!! We also have 3 others in Feb and many miracles yet to be had!!! The is going to be an amazing month for the mission as well!!!

Aunt Teresa you asked about where I slept before the other elders moved out, it was on the floor, and no the bombing dint work for the fleas I have bites up and down my body, but I will survive many people have it much worse than I. I got a letter from Paul Turner which was great!!! Mom did you ever get that NZAM dating itinerary it is a great joke that we as missionaries send out to "daughters of our Heavenly Father" the best part is I have gotten some back if you don't know what that is shoot me an email and I will send one straight away haha.

In closing I leave you with something I wrote this week:

God is our loving Heavenly Father oh let me count the ways
He sent his beloved son to brighten all our days
Each day we slip or fall flat out
But needn't we worry and need not doubt
From on the Cross to Gethsemane
He paid the price for you and me
Our Savior our Redeemer will stand strong
In the days of trouble he won't be long
The day will come that we meet our God
And still by our side he will trod
So let us be grateful for Christ all year
For his example we must mirror.
-Elder Matthew L. Stucki N.Z.A.M. Jan. 2009

My friends and family I want each of you to know how much I love you!!! The past 8 months I have felt every emotion in the book and some that had to be added, but I want you all to know that Christ lives and that we have a Heavenly Father that lives and Loves us all!!! It has been great to see my progression and the progression of NZ. How are you progressing? Are you working alone? If yes then involve got whether it be great or small, family issues or needing to find a job God can do all things and as we learn in the Book of Mormon in Mormon chapter 9:
10 And now, if ye have imagined up unto yourselves a god who doth vary, and in whom there is shadow of changing, then have ye imagined up unto yourselves a god who is not a God of miracles.
11 But behold, I will show unto you a God of miracles, even the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob; and it is that same God who created the heavens and the earth, and all things that in them are.
• • •
15 And now, O all ye that have imagined up unto yourselves a god who can do no miracles, I would ask of you, have all these things passed, of which I have spoken? Has the end come yet? Behold I say unto you, Nay; and God has not ceased to be a God of miracles.


I add my testimony that he is a God of Miracles I see them daily, and I am proud to be a servant of him so work in this part of his Vineyard, to do and say what he himself would say if he were here serving this very people!!! Again I send all my love from my heart to yours!!!

Elder Stucki

No comments: