I still got it!!! 5/9/10

Oh boy my joke from last week had everyone, but my mother. As many of you read I took the "challenge" of our mission President to not call home on mothers day. Well this Wednesday I called my mom at work and she said I thought you weren't going to be calling, but she knew darn well that I need the call just as much, if not more than she does. There was no such challenge just a joke from Elder Stucki. So yes I still got it, I can joke with the best of them!!! I hope that no one was hurt in the process, but from the emails I got many of you took it seriously!!! So I officially talked to my family this morning so not much to report, things are going well and the work is progressing. It was good to hear the family is all healthy and happy!!! Weird to be away from my mother for the first time on mothers day, but I wouldn't be any where else right now and she would be more sad if I wasn't serving our Heavenly Father.

Well yesterday (Sunday in New Zealand) we had a lesson in Gospel Principles on mothers, so of coarse they asked what should a mother be like, I confidently answered just like mine she is PERFECT!!! Then they asked us to find a scripture that we felt described our moms. I turned to D&C section 6 : Then I imagined my mother saying it to us, which was mainly through her example, and the Christ like life that she lives!!!
33 Fear not to do good, my sons (Elder Stucki &Kyle), for whatsoever ye sow, that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow good ye shall also reap good for your reward.
34 Therefore, fear not, little flock(All of us kids); do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my (Christ's) rock, they cannot prevail.
35 Behold, I do not condemn you; go your ways and sin no more; perform with soberness the work which I (and Heavenly Father) have commanded you.
36 Look unto me (Christ) in every thought; doubt not, fear not.
37 Behold the wounds which pierced my (His) side, and also the prints of the nails in my (His) hands and feet; be faithful, keep my (and His) commandments, and ye shall inherit the kingdom of heaven. Amen.
If I wrote all about my mother today I would be one crying mess, and two, run out of day light hours just scratching the surface of who she is. Those of you that know her know she is second to none. Those that have gotten in trouble for ditching school still love her. I have never had a single person tell me anything negative mostly because there isn't anything, and secondly they know they would have been in much pain after their comments were concluded or interrupted. She is the glue of our family, the peace maker, the chef, the over all WOMAN!!! I love her with all of my heart and like the Strippling warriors I was taught in my youth to not doubt and I never will because "my mother knew it".

I have been blessed in my life with many "mother" figures. From Aunties, to Grandmas, Friends mothers, to sisters from church, and the Women that help me through the mission. I would say my mum needed some back up when it came to me, but with many prayers and a lot of love I have turned out okay I hope and pray!!! To all of the Women that receive this I wish you a happy mothers day and your children better be good or in a years time I will haunt them hahaha. Well have a wonderful week and stay strong in the Gospel, life is good and the Church is True!!!

All my love, Ofa Atu
--
Elder Matthew Lee Stucki N.Z.A.M.

No comments: