All dressed in white! 4/17/11

I wonder what the first thought that came to each of your minds as you read the subject of this email. It can go either way, but by the photo's you would recognize that it is talking about BAPTISMS. What a privilege it was to be able to watch 5 of Heavenly Fathers children make sacred covenants with him. Jasmine, Mary, Godwin, Sophie, and Etienne were all baptized!! The funniest thing about these baptisms happened in the confirmations. Sacrament meeting was taken up mostly by them, but Bishop confirmed Godwin and he said like three times something to the effect of "with this priesthood" it was so funny because no one else noticed except for my companion and I. Later we asked Bishop about it and we all laughed together. Fortunately Godwin did not catch onto what Bishop was saying so things are all goods haha. Things were fairly smooth with preparation of the baptisms, but I feel that we were really blessed because we were helping the other 10 sets through out the zone to go through. We have accomplished 19 on the month so far and have 17 set for this weekend for the zone. So again I ask that you pray your guts out for each of these people that are preparing to be baptized! This morning all the Zone Leaders had a conference call with President Porter. It was very powerful and very special for all of us that will be leaving in May. There are 4 of us from my intake that are Senior Zone Leaders and we hope to have the biggest month that the mission has ever seen. We want to go out with a bang especially since it is the last time we have to give it all to the Lord. We really want to give President what he deserves for him too, to go out with a BANG! I have grown to Love these people as my brothers and sisters and my greatest desire is to save as many of them as I can with the time that I still have to serve the Master full time!

Ray who I told you about last week is really doing well. He has went from 40 smokes to 0 overnight, and has been smoke free for over a week now! He came to church again yesterday and was telling everyone that he will be baptized in 2 weeks time. He has such a special spirit about him. He is a precious gift from Heavenly Father to us. He inspires us each day to work harder than ever and to love every minute of what we have!! We have some other people that are also moving along pretty good, but none that are solid solid so we have some work to do this week to help them find their faith in Christ and build their testimonies of the restoration. I love the conversion process it is so so special.

Speaking of conversion.....last night at the "Come and See Fireside" (NZAM's monthly fireside) my recent convert Beau Raston spoke!!! Mom that is the brother of the Lady that sent you that hand written Letter. He was up there full suit and tie looked just like a missionary and spoke very well. He is 19 and plans on serving a mission. What a blessing it was to see him and his growth over the past 5 months!! The fireside are also like huge reunions. I got to see heaps of people I used to teach or old members. They are just the greatest! I am just loving the people o more than ever. I think it is because I know that they will not be so close for very much longer. I reckon the only bad part about serving so far from home is not being able to visit people constantly after I return, but then again I would not have traded New Zealand for anything!!!

Thank you Grandma Tryon for the Card I got it this week!! It is crazy to think that we are in the Easter season. For me it seems like Christmas and Easter all year since I must rely on the Savior constantly. It really helps me to "Always Remember Him." There is a great talk in the Ensign this month From Elder Christofferson that talk all about the principle of always remembering him! How important it truly is to always remember our Savior Jesus Christ. It is what fuels my fire each and everyday. It helps me to get through the rain and the cold and I know that all things will work out if I just have Faith and rely on His power and His mercy! Well that is all for this week hope you all have a blessed and wonderful week and find some way to strengthen your faith!!! Much love!

--
Elder Matthew Lee Stucki N.Z.A.M.

No comments: