We arent called Kiwis for nothing

Well it was amazing to hear from everyone this week and it has definitely been a week of miracles!!! My companion and I just Laugh all day and are still getting along way good. We are so busy that the average turn around time for us to se people again is about a week. We run out of every house to the car to try and get to the next one on time, and we are rarely back to the flat before 9:30 (we are always there before curfew though). It is tough covering to wards trying to get to know double the people, but it makes Sundays very eventful!! We have to pack a lunch so that we can eat on our way to the second ward.
Dad this week we ate at a members home and guess where they are from CHILE. They were both there when President Monson Visited back when you were there and the sister had missionaries that lived with their family. Do you know or recognize either of these last names Aedo or Avila one from San Fernando and the other from Curico. It was one of my most fun family meals they have a family similar in ages to ours and we just laughed and laughed. It is true that laughter heals all wounds!!! Kyle today I took a picture in front of a Korean flag. I guess I was sent here to experience every culture in the world and I am getting close to accomplishing that haha. Just so you know my address is 2a Manapouri Street Pakuranga 2010 so you can see it from Google earth. You can also check out how huge my area is if you go on the church website and check for the Howick and Waipuna wards in the Panmure Stake. (Don’t send mail directly to this address though) Some weird things that happened this week include getting cursed at multiple times haha people just don’t get what they are missing out on. The other is that I ate kina. That is the prickly things that are in the ocean kind of looks like a porcupine. What you do is cut them in half the get rid of all the black stuff and then you eat the orange stuff which is actually their tongue. Let me tell you it was definitely on my top 5 worst things that I have ever tasted listed. I almost threw up!!! To some questions: Yes I love the car!!! Our Flat is one bedroom one bath with a kitchen and living room. Only 1 set of missionaries in each flat and that is mission wide, too much trouble when lots of missionaries are together. We don’t cool much we get fed almost everyday now since we have 2 wards, but if we do it’s usually pasta or rice or something simple. Elder Rezel has been in the area for 1 transfer before me. He does the driving because I am not yet certified, but that’s ok I am still trying to learn my way around this area. The fruit here is ok, but the kiwis are amazing Alyssa you would be in heaven!!! Last week we went to Mount Wellington, once a volcano, and the view was awesome of the harbor and lots of sail boats and just green every where. Mom thanks for the letter with my license and the sports articles!!! I have never heard of cash getting stolen, I would just send it in a piece of paper or a thick envelope so it can’t be seen. Tell Michael Shaw Congrats and to have fun. How is Paul, Tony, Justin, Gavin, and everyone else that you see their parents? Alyssa and Liz you still haven’t told me who your teachers are. Aunt Tiffany and Uncle Steven how are your kids? Aunt Doreen how is the new school year? Aunt Cassie thanks for all your support I have a couple that I am teaching right now that are just like you and Uncle Scott. His name is Scott ironic enough haha. Aunt Teresa don’t you just love to learn!!! I wish I could attend institute the mission gives you such a desire to learn. Mom tell Nemcheck to keep up the good work I expect a State ring in the mail!!! Thanks everyone else for your love and support!!!
Now to the good stuff, this week we smashed the standard of excellence. We had 10 people at church we have 5 set four of which get baptized this weekend and we should be setting more in a week or two. Last night at dinner we were asked to baptize a 9 year old girl that now lives with her aunt and uncle. The Lord is just pouring down his blessings in this area and mission wide. Something I learned in zone conference this week is that the Lord is blessing us because we are qualifying for those blessings!!! It was so amazing to go through the temple this week!!! The spirit was so strong and to see 50 or so missionaries there it was amazing. As we went into the Celestial room president hugged each of us and I couldn’t help remember the first time I went through and all the people that were there to support me. It made me think of the next life when we all can be with each other again, but we all must qualify.
I was studying this morning and just became overwhelmed with the work that needs to be done right at home. With my friends and family who don’t have the same knowledge as I have. I wept with regret of not being a better missionary before my mission, but I promise when I get back I will do better. I have come to know with out a doubt that the Church of Jesus Christ of Later day saints is true. Not just kind of or sort of feel it, but I KNOW. I know that Joseph Smith was called to be a Prophet of god. Through him the keys were restored to make us be able to have eternal life. I know there are some of you that are not members of his church or may not understand why I am doing what I am doing. Well I will tell you why I know my Savior lives, even Jesus Christ. He suffered for me and for you. If you want to know this for your self or remember it because you haven’t been to church in a while ask a member you know to help you!!! I beg and plead with each of you to get on your knees and ask got the Eternal father in the name of Jesus Christ if these things are true. I know you will receive an answer. Most likely not a vision, but the way you will feel when you pray. When your heart and mind are filled with peace and joy I testify to you that that is the Holy Spirit telling you that these things are true. No matter what you have done or no matter what belief you have at this time the Lord loves you and wants you to have the blessings that I have. If you are lost you can be found. If you are Scared you can be comforted. If you have questions find someone to talk to about those concerns. The reason I do this is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. Those who are reading this and may ask why didn’t you tell me this sooner or why didn’t you take me to church or invite me to be taught by the missionaries, I am sorry I wasn’t doing my job, but I know that the Church will bless your life more than any of us can comprehend. Again I plead with you find out for yourself and then act upon what you learn. I love this work and I love the Lord. I love each and every one of you very much, pray for you often, and think of you even more!!! May our heavenly father bless us all as we try to live with him again is my humble prayer!!!
Your Kiwi Missionary, Elder Stucki

No comments: