Gutting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4/25/10

Well another week down on the mission. Definitely mixed emotions going through my head. Great blessing is that our mission hit 123 baptisms this month, but we as a companionship were not apart of it. Due to some word of wisdom issues those that were set were unable to be baptized. Gutting is all I can think to describe my emotions. Yes I know that baptisms don't make you a successful missionary, but according to Preach My Gospel it is central to our purpose. I really feel like I let down Heavenly Father and the mission this past month, but we are now onto May and faith points to the future, we have many good things going, but have the experience of last month to know that you can go from a lot to a little in just a quick moment. Staying humble and getting into the small details along with exact obedience will be our focus for the month. I have learned a lot of lessons over the past month and now 11 MONTHS on my mission. I am deeply grateful for the things that I have and for the blessings that are so abundantly pored out on me and those that I love.

To answer a few questions yes people take many holidays in this part of the world they live modestly so they can see the world!!! Smoking and drinking are huge everyone does it starting as early as 10 years old. Yes I will get to go and see Scott Sealed in the temple no matter where I am it is a mission rule or privilege to all missionaries. The temple was amazing this week, and answered a lot of things I have been pondering!!! On the way down I was sitting in the front of the bus with President Porter and he was studying his notes for the conference pauses looks over to me and says "Elder Stucki you are a great Man" then goes straight back to studying. What comforting words!!! I love him to death and look to emulate his example through out my life!!! Things are going well and I got an email from Tyson Bryan it was way cool to hear from him!!! He says he is in our ward and I have a cool mom and dad haha.


May I just leave with my testimony to all I Elder Matthew Lee Stucki of the New Zealand Auckland Mission do humbly testify that God lives his is our literal Father in Heaven, and he wants us to be happy. His whole work is to bring about out immortality and eternal life (Moses 1:39) I know that he loves me and you. I know he sent his son Jesus Christ to to redeem us of our sins (John 3:16) I know that Christ suffered for more than just our sins, but our weaknesses, pains, and temptations, so he may know how to succor or comfort us (Alma 7:11-13) I am grateful for the way that he lived his life so that I could have an example to look towards. I know that he set up his Church the way that it was intended with Prophets and apostles (Ephesians 2:20) I know that through the Prophet Joseph Smith that that same organization that was lost for a Period of time (Amos 8:11), has been brought back. We are not a reformed church, but a restored church. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints has the same priesthood power that Christ gave to his apostles (Matthew 10:1). It was lost and brought back through Peter James and John three of Christ original apostles. I know that the keys that are necessary for salvation are only held in this church. God has told us many times that by their fruits ye shall know then, well the fruit of the prophet Joseph Smith is the Book of Mormon. I echo the promise of Joseph Smith when he said that a man would get closer to god by abiding by its precepts than by any other book. I have taken the challenge that Moroni extends to us all when he said read ponder and pray about it, then ask God with a sincere heart, with faith in Christ, and real intent and by the power of the Holy Ghost we may know the truth of all things (Moroni 10:3-5). Do you feel lost of confused? Have you ever wondered why there are so many churches? You are not alone!!! We must do as James directs that is to ask of God (James 1:5). All things can be made clear. You can know where you came from, why you are here, and where you are going after this life, much more than Heaven and Hell. There are missionaries world wide that go about to share this exact message with people. I testify that we have a living prophet on the earth today, President Thomas S. Monson. He has been called of god not of his own (Hebrews 5:4). I no longer think or believe or guess or wonder, but I KNOW these things to be true. There is no way that I would be around the world if I didn't. I say these things by no way of pride or boasting, but to make aware those that are searching for the truth, but know not where to find it. The arms of Christ are extended to all he will never turn his back on you. Please dont turn your back on him!!!
Ofa Atu (all my love)
--
Elder Matthew Lee Stucki N.Z.A.M.

No comments: