Always learning always growning

Well this week was one filled with challenges and headaches, but we learn the best when put through the refiners fire!!! Due to the holidays everyone in New Zealand or in South side where I am is just drunk for going on a solid week and a half now. New Years was uneventful, we were in bed normal time ha ha, but the neighbors were party hardy all night!!! I reckon that this country puts down more alcohol than the same number of people in any other country. Although it is good because we are here to help them repent...they can't repent if they can't comprehend what you are saying to them. Estee you are right it is a great time for people to make changes so we are hopefully going to find a heap of people this week that are sick of the hang overs ha ha. It has been a week of learning patience and building my faith! I have come to know for assuredly that we go through hard times to help us stand strong and stay humble through the good times! One day when I was struggling a few months ago I was praying and this was my answer I got..."Sometimes Heavenly father will let you walk in the dark to teach you how to walk in the light." I love that answer and find peace in knowing there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

Elder Rea well now Steven Rea (my last companion) is staying with members in our ward. he is back for the National YSA conference. It has been so good to see him. He is one of my best companions and has become one of my best mates. He misses the mission heaps and is thinking about going to school in Utah and playing Rugby there. He is from Australia so it would be a good opportunity for him to experience the promise land ha ha. I will continue to encourage him!!

I don't think I have told you this, but there is a Mexican restaurant that has opened up just by where we email. A man from Cali came over and this is his third one here. It definitely is nothing like home, but it is the best we can do! I wonder what percent of my emails make some sort of mention about food ha ha....99.9% I reckon.

My companion now has about three weeks left so that is crazy I never wanted to finish another missionary after Elder Rea, but I guess the Lord had other ideas ha ha. Fortunately he is not trunky and we are just working hard everyday. The only way that I know how to work really!!!
Well that's about it from me I am learning and growing each day. I love the mission and love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ for making me who I am today. I love you all and wish you a happy and prosperous New Year!!!
--
Elder Matthew Lee Stucki N.Z.A.M.

No comments: