14 months ohhhboy!!!

7/25/10
We had a wonderful week in so many reguards lots of lessons, but the most important was the Baptism of Mihi and Jessie-Lyn. In the Pics from left to right Elder Larsen, Mihi, Jessie-Lyn, and me in my skirt, boy I wish we could wear those EVERYDAY!!! The other picture is of a street Called Tabitha I thought of cousin Tabitha so make sure that gets to her!!! Anyways the baptism was great they had probably 60 or so family members there from all over, and good support from the ward members as well. After they had a huge Hangi which is where you cook the food in the ground with hot rocks. Just like we used to do with the turkey. It was pretty good. The girls looked so so so happy and clean and pure! It was one of the easiest/smooth baptisms of my mission. What is funny is that 1 month ago I did not even know them and now they are like sisters!!! As for the rest of the work it is going very well, we had 9 at sacraments meeting and have had to adjust some baptisms to make sure they attend church often enough and have had all the lessons so now August is stacked!!! I had the honor of giving Tanifa the Priesthood on Sunday so I believe on the 13th he will baptize three of his children!!! We are so excited for that family! I will be sad if I am transferred out before that date, but the most important thing is that they are getting baptized. Transfers is the day before, but you never know what is going to happen. The weeks just zoomed by tomorrow is my 14th month mark and I have such mixed emotions from happy to anxious nervous, but I am mostly working at staying focused so that I don't miss a beat 10 months is ages left. Many more promptings to have and live to change. Boy being apart of the work of God is the greatest! As for other work we had 2 men in their 20's just walk up to church after a casual invite on the street earlier in the week. We had a great lesson with them in Gospel Principles class and one said, after telling us he has been to the Mormon church before " I know the Book of Mormon is true and that this church is true." The only problem is his home life is less that supportive so we have a lot of work to do, but that is one thing I do know how to do is work!!!

I have had some great studies lately I have begun to read Jesus the Christ, for those of you that know how much I liked reading pre-mission you would not even know who I am now hahah. Definitely one of the biggest books I have taken on, but it is helping me to understand all the history of Christ. That is something I am working on now is being able to know the stories of the Scriptures. I feel I have the doctrine down quite well, but need to understand the background info so it gives me purpose in my studies. I am grateful for the time each day that is set aside for me to study and expand my knowledge. I would love to have a number chart or graph that can show my increase of knowledge, but then compared to the apostles I am still just "a babe on his mothers lap" just as the men in the school of the Prophets. That is what Joseph Smith told them when they talked about missionary work in the future. He pretty much told them they have no idea the magnitude of the work and where it will go. What a great time to be alive and apart of this GREAT work!!! Friends and family may I remind you of the knowledge in which I do have. I know that God lives and loves us. Jesus Christ lives and is our Saviour and Redeemer! I know Joseph Smith was called to be a prophet and to bring back the Church of Christ in its fullness. I know we have a living Prophet even Thomas S. Monson. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God along with the bible. I know this not because of brain wash of fact I know this because of the Spiritual experiences that I have on a daily basis as I stand as a witness of truth in a world of lies!! It saddens me to see people throw away what have brought peace, hope, and joy into my life. May we all come to the realization of these truths and then act upon that knowledge is my prayer and wish I leave with you in the Sacred name of Jesus Christ Amen.

--
Elder Matthew Lee Stucki N.Z.A.M

No comments: